February 26, 2008

St. Paul de Vence, France


I like to look at postcards to tell me where to go. Since my guidebooks have no pictures in them, I can only rely on the descriptions to tell me what I want to see. I’ve found that the postcards are nice supplements to the guidebooks as I'm a very visual person. This is how I found out about St. Paul de Vence. I saw images of stone walls and archways and stone paved streets – it all looked very medieval – and felt I must see it for myself. 


St. Paul was every bit as picturesque as it is represented in the postcards. As soon as I entered the town, which is easily accessible by bus from Nice for 1EUR, I was in awe. It was absolutely charming. The streets were indeed paved in stone with designs. It was a really well-maintained village and I had such a nice time poking around.














The view of the country below the village reminded me of Tuscany. It took me about one to two hours to see it all, even with all the stops I made to take photos.



No comments: