August 25, 2007

Food: Gelato


I decided today that I’m really good at eating gelato.  I have at least one scoop of gelato everyday when I'm in Italy.  I’m partial to limone (lemon), but there are so many other flavors I should try.  The Gelateria Centrale in Riomaggiore has wonderfully creamy amarena (wild cherry) and ananas (pineapple).  

I don’t agree with people who say that gelato is ice cream.  Gelato is smoother and lighter without tasting like a low calorie product.  The flavors are always more explosive.    

There are two things constant about eating gelato: 1) I always enjoy and savor each lick or spoonful as long as it’s possible before it melts and 2) when it’s done, I always want another one.  And if there could be a third constant thing, it’s that I never do until the next day.

No comments: