July 21, 2007

Vienna, Austria

 German name: Wien


Parliament Building

If you love outdoor cafes, Baroque, and Gustav Klimt, then Vienna will please you very much.  I love the parks in this city.  Every pathway is lined with benches.  The grass is green and inviting.  I took a nap on the lawns and it was glorious.  I've seen more people sitting in the parks than at the outdoor cafes.

Volksgarten

Volksgarten

Volksgarten

Volksgarten

My favorite attraction of Vienna was Schönbrunn PalaceIt is definitely worth spending at least half your day to tour the Palace and wander the gardens


And of course, there are plenty of museums in Vienna...

Naturhistorisches Museum

Hofburg Palace

Museums Quarter



St. Stephen's Cathedral

Rathaus

I accidentally stumbled upon Freyung Passage, a shopping arcade in the heart of Vienna.  If you're like me and you don't like to shop, this is still interesting enough to walk through as the interior beauty is a surprising treat.

Freyung Passage

Freyung Passage

Fountain in Freyung Passage

Stairwell in Freyung Passage

No comments: