July 17, 2010

DMZ Tour

Seoul, Korea
Estimated length: 6 hours


It seemed that a day trip to the DMZ (demilitarized zone) was a popular activity amongst my friends, so I looked into it also.  It is definitely good for a little something something outside of the city and learning more about the Korean War.  This trip can be done as a half day, giving you time to do something else in the afternoon.

A guided tour is required.  I did my research on this and found the ST6 Tour from Star Travel was the least expensive tour I could find and offered the same sites as the other tour operations.  As I understand it, it will be easier for you to visit the DMZ on a tour.  I think you can go on your own, but it might be difficult to manage.  I went on a tour and it was easier that way.

Imjingak Park



Freedom Bridge

Dora Observatory

"When the Trans-Korea Railway (TKR), the Trans-Siberia Railway (TSR), and the Trans-China Railway (TCR) are connected in the future, Dorasan Station promises to emerge as the starting point of the transcontinental railroad."

Dorasan Station

Inside Dorasan Station

No comments: